The CSP Mission
The mission of CSP is to provide affordable and accessible string lessons, transforming lives through an innovative music program.
Community String Project envisions a community where quality of life is improved through music.
● Enrich the community through musical entertainment.
● Provide equitable music training.
● Bring musical talent to the forefront.
● Participate in the holistic development of children.
● Provide performance opportunities for participants in CSP.
Affordability: low cost instruction for all, subsidized youth instruction
Community: community-based, enriching the community, reciprocal community support
Accessibility: after-school programming in neighborhood schools, instruments provided for youth, no prior experience required.
Musical Excellence: high quality instructors, best practices utilized, music literacy
● Collaborate with other community organizations and ensembles to enhance playing opportunities for advanced students.
● Filling the void in music education in the public schools.
● Providing musical instruments and music literacy at earlier ages and expand the types of instruments available to kids.
● Create accomplished musicians.
● Provide the experience of playing under accomplished conductor.
● Retain students over their 8 years in the district.
● To be sustainable.
● To create a CSP identity for kids.