Take part in our programs!
The CSP Mission
The mission of CSP is to provide affordable and accessible string lessons, transforming lives through an innovative music program.
Community String Project envisions a community where quality of life is improved through music.
● Enrich the community through musical entertainment.
● Provide equitable music training.
● Bring musical talent to the forefront.
● Participate in the holistic development of children.
● Provide performance opportunities for participants in CSP.
Affordability: low cost instruction for all, subsidized youth instruction
Community: community-based, enriching the community, reciprocal community support
Accessibility: after-school programming in neighborhood schools, instruments provided for youth, no prior experience required.
Musical Excellence: high quality instructors, best practices utilized, music literacy
● Collaborate with other community organizations and ensembles to enhance playing opportunities for advanced students.
● Filling the void in music education in the public schools.
● Providing musical instruments and music literacy at earlier ages and expand the types of instruments available to kids.
● Create accomplished musicians.
● Provide the experience of playing under accomplished conductor.
● Retain students over their 8 years in the district.
● To be sustainable.
● To create a CSP identity for kids.